Ways to Remediate Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Experiencing a fire can have lasting and catastrophic both to your family and your house.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire restoration experts are here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Smaller kitchen flare-ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your AC.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone fire damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out to the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.